Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nvidia gtx 295 problem

• Please log in to reply

yogi1

yogi1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
I'm having trouble installing drivers for my graphic cards.they are twin gtx295 and i've got win 7 64bit.window update tried to load new version of drivers about 7 days ago and it came up error code 80070103,and stopped working .Since then i've uninstalled the drivers and tried to load latest drivers but it stops about a third of the way into install.i've tried the clean boot ,same problem.i've tried just one card, no good.Could this be a chip set problem?.I'm at a loss, can someone help.
thanks
Tim

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

manual driver installation may be required.
The following nVidia page is the procedure for Vista, but I imagine Windows 7 is very similar.
Obviously you will need to ignore the references to Windows Vista 32-bit and read as 'Windows 7 64-bit'.
http://nvidia.custhe...amp;p_topview=1

Do make sure that the driver is for 64-bit Windows 7. You can't use 32-bit drivers on 64-bit Windows.

yogi1

yogi1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
Thanks for the reply, i tried it but still no good.It comes up- Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software,
access denied.It comes up on my device manager as 4 items:-unkown device-pci bus 11/unknown device-pci bus 10/video controller(vga compatible)pci bus 14/unknown device pci bus 15.The three unknown devices state drivers for this device not installed (code28)and same for the vga one.Does this help?
Tim

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You sure you're trying to install the correct driver?

yogi1

yogi1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi
yes,I have two gtx295 cards and tring to install latest drivers for those cards,whats got me puzzled is why there are 4 unknown devices/4 pci bus slots 10-11-14-15.
Its an alienware computor and Dell replaced the motherboard about a month ago for another reason,the only thing i've done is upgrade the bios (which they recommended)its the latest bios. Tried to update the graphic drivers and that was where the trouble started.

yogi1

yogi1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sorted it,went into safe mode, uninstalled drivers again,used driver sweeper,used ccleaner,then manually installed drivers,its all working fine now.thanks for help.Tim