Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Load Error! Press a key to reboot

• Please log in to reply

daedenilus

daedenilus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, so yesterday, I booted up my machine as normal, and left to get a cup of coffee when the first Windows 7 animation logo started. I come back, to find "Load Error! Press a key to Reboot". I cussed and then shut down the machine. To give us both some cooling off time. Restarted it, went into the bios to make sure all the drives were there. They weren't. I did some cable replacement and moved some drives around. I have 2(IDE) and 2(SATA) drives plus a DVD-RW drive. I figured, maybe channel went out or some crazy nonsense. I stuck everything back in, and I changed which channel the IDE's were on, the SATA's didn't have any issues. My OS is installed on an IDE.

My prior setup, if anyone would like to know is...
Primary IDE Channel: DVD-RW
Secondary IDE Channel: WIN7PRO and a storage drive

Current Setup,
Primary IDE Channel: Win7Pro and storage drive
Secondary IDE Channel: DVD-RW

After drives were installed, I changed the boot order and the order of the drives as they appeared prior to this incident.

I boot up again. I get the, "Load Error! Press a Key to reboot"

I break out my Win7 dvd, pop it in the drive. After i get into the "repair computer" section, the drive saying I want to be repaired shows as Drive "D:" not "C:". I figure this was some boot manager problems. Had windows try to repair it. I assume it did, because it now says "Windows 7 Professional (recovered)".

I boot up, I get the "Load Error! Press a key to reboot".

Funny thing is, when I press a key to reboot. I don't actually reboot. The same message comes up again.

I press it again and Windows 7 starts. If the system is working properly (booting up and getting into windows 7),
then why is this message being displayed and how can I remove it?

Sorry for lengthy post. I want you to have all my information.

Advertisements