Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help for touchscreen

• Please log in to reply

louis m

louis m

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello,
I;m the proud owner of the latest iiayma touchscreen, but it doesnt touch. It came with basic set up instructions and nothing else. they didnt say how to set it up. So its a lovely monitor without the touch facility. I have connected the usb to the computer but there is still no touchscreen. Can anyone point me to a decent help file or maybe you know what I'm doing wrong. I would be really grateful. Louis m

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you installed the drivers for the screen?

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, There was no disc or any set up instructions in the box, and the small amount of instructions mentioned nothing about drivers. I had another look and still nothing, do I have to download them what do you think? Louis

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...this SEEMS to be the website but i can't be 100% sure without the model number of the screen...but it's got drivers for touch screens down at the bottom (based on model number)...

looks like they use ELO touch screens in their products..i've got a few of those (elo's not iiyamas) and the setup is really easy, just choose USB when it asks what type then once it runs make sure the option to align the monitor when it's finished is checked, once finished it will make you touch a bunch of dots to align the touch screen and you should be good to go

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
the model number is iiyama T2250MTS. There is nothing in the book about driver installation and no cd with it. Is this going to be any help to you? Louis

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...go Here choose xp 32 bit and 64 bit from the drop down, then download/install that file

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello,
You are a saint, I have to work right now so I will do this in the morning, so thank you for your brillioant help. It will be installed tomorrow and I will tell you how I got on. MANY, MANY Thanks - Louis.

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello Again, Well you gave me great information and I downloaded and ran the set up you advised, everything went well until I pressed "CALIBRATION" and up came the message - " CANNOT OPEN THE TOUCHSCREEN DRIVER", so I uninstalled and re-installed and re-booted but still the same message. So the driver didnt install but everything else did.
Would you know what this idiot has done wrong - me I'm talking about!Louis.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
assuming you followed all the instructions it should be fine...however

the file you downloaded was a zip file...did you extract all the files from inside of it out to somewhere on your computer? like on your desktop or something?

Press start then run then type devmgmt.msc
then press <enter>

Or

Right click My Computer then choose Manage then Device Manager

Do you see any yellow ? or !

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, I opened the file downloaded and all the stuff was inside, I pressed the set up and it ran itself. There are no yellow marks against any of the parts in device manager and the programme is there under SYSTEM DEVICES. But still no luck getting it to run on the calibration page.
The downloaded file was called MEDIAWEBSERVER and was a zip but I wasnt asked to unzip it or transfer the files or anything else - I simply opened it and there was the set up file and thats all I did.
I hope this isnt going to be a difficult one for you. Louis.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open the zip file and copy the contents over to a folder on your desktop then run the installer again (it may have missed something)....this is usually a pretty simple setup

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Did that! and still the error message of not finding the driver. HELP!! Louis.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.iiyama.co...y/5/product/182 is that the contraption you bought?

try this link to download the drivers

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Again,
I was looking around the net and came across this forum on touchscreen problems. I have the same model and this says that it wont work without windows 7 and I have XP.
Would you be able to say if this is true and I do need windows 7 to make it work? Louis.
COPY TEXT - Afraid not the touch screen facility. The monitor works fine, just not the touch which is OS based.
Having said that, it's the same technology as "nextwindow.com" ie 2 x optical infrared emmitters in the two top corners and receivers in the bottom two corners and nextwindow products come with hardware and software to enable them in xp and other OS.
I bought one the first week Iiyama had them on the website and then they said the T2250MTs was fully comptible with xp (and mac) and no mention of drivers for windows 7 only.
They have since changed the specs and their service staff told me they'd just had a memo to stop sending these enquiries to "elotouch", the co that supplies the software and drivers for Iiyama's other touchscreens, resistive etc.
I'm hoping there will be a hack of some kind for XP but I'm not sure it's possible for this monitor - I'm still trying to find out.

louis m

louis m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, Sounds like you dont approve of iiyama products or is it just this screen? YES this is the contraption I bought and I just let you know that I heard that its purely windows 7 based and wont work on XP !! Is that right because nobody told me that when I bought it and thats criminal! Louis.