Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant uninstall corel purehd fully

• Please log in to reply

romell90

romell90

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i tried uninstalling corel, and it did but still ever time i right ckick any of my drives or go to add or remove programs it pops up saying "please wait while windows configures purehd". then it stops and says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is un available. click ok to try again. or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PureHD.msi' in the box below"

i dont have that file anymore because the program would not work right on my computer. so im tring to get rid of every trace of it bcuz i dont need it. so my question is how do i get rid of that message from popping up.

i have an hp mini netbook 110 1012nr 16gb running windows xp home service pack 3. if that helps.

Posted Image

Advertisements

zolpi

zolpi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello
i have the same problem
i dl and use uninstaller pro
http://online-share....o-7.0.2010.html
and in the advanced unisntall there is pureHD in the list so i use the uninstall of pureHD and now it is ok
hope it's help you

philmg

philmg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have the same prob. But in advanced uninstaller there is no purehd. What is purehd anyhow.
How can I do a clean install of purehd, so that I can have a clean uninstall afterwards again?

Or do you have any other solutions to the problem?

Thanks for help!

PHil

xahxhax

xahxhax

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The same thing happened to me because I've been trying to trim the bloatware out of Paintshop Pro.

This happens because Corel/Ulead has installed a (probably unwanted) shell extension for system drives. You can disable it by locating the USIShellExt key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{DBD8E168-244D-448C-9922-25508950D1DC} in your registry and deleting it. Reboot and you shouldn't be bothered any more.

JETAAS

JETAAS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was searching the Net for a solution to the PureHD problem I had been having for some time. I found a Google link to a question in May that had an answer today July 17. Noticed xahxhax response. It worked! TY Lesson to be learned? Post a correct response no matter how old the question as you never will know whom might be looking for help.

mizdee

mizdee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The same thing happened to me because I've been trying to trim the bloatware out of Paintshop Pro.

This happens because Corel/Ulead has installed a (probably unwanted) shell extension for system drives. You can disable it by locating the USIShellExt key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{DBD8E168-244D-448C-9922-25508950D1DC} in your registry and deleting it. Reboot and you shouldn't be bothered any more.

I tried this method, but after I deleted it, rebooted and tried again to play a dvd, there it was again. I'll try again and if it does not work this time, I will get rid of Paint Shop Pro.

ChrisMarr

ChrisMarr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

ChrisMarr

ChrisMarr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How do you find registry keys and how do you disable them?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I do not recommend messing in the registry. You can do more harm than good. You could completely mess it up and then have a inoperative computer.

If you do decide to, make sure you back the registry up with Erunt

nargil

nargil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I tried this method, but after I deleted it, rebooted and tried again to play a dvd, there it was again. I'll try again and if it does not work this time, I will get rid of Paint Shop Pro.

I had the same problem. Deleting the registry entry didn't work for me either, but I finally fixed it by installing "Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack 3.0" which is available at download.com
http://download.cnet....html?tag=mncol

tenwenn

tenwenn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
had smae problem..use perfect uninstaller..PUREHD is still there even after you use norm "uninstall"
works for me

kmingea

kmingea

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Corel has a download available: MSICleanup.exe and then instructions on deleting the files. A Windows remove programs can finish it well too.

although,

Purehd.msi - After installing Corel Paintshop Photo X3 my machine kept asking for Purehd.msi and PSPPro.msi which is not on the pc.

I just called Corel 4/7/11, they say it is a known issue that started after patch 2. So they say uninstall the product and re-install and only add patch 2. They also said they are "re-creating" their knowledge base so nothing new is in it on this one at this time. They are working on this problem.

http://www.corel.com...d=1259872271743

(I've been dealing with this since 2010)

becauz

becauz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My registry doesn't have that in it, so any other ideas???

gregorz

gregorz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this error comes up because Pure HD driver is not compatible with onboard graphics.
When i added a graphics card - eg radeon HD5450, the problem disappeared,
before then, i tried deleting bits but it didn't stop it entirely.

Edited by gregorz, 18 October 2012 - 04:16 PM.