Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with TrayApp

• Please log in to reply

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Would it help if I mention my printer model? I have an HP PhotoSmart 1000.

Advertisements

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
No

I have already supplied direct link to your exact model of printer

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your drivers for your exact printer are located HERE

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Already supplied. But my link confirms that the printer driver is the exact one without question.
It can also repair faulty installations of printer drivers

Go to HP and re-download your printer software HERE (printer must be on and plugged in)
Install, and Restart

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
kimsland, your link opens to a "HP Product Detection can not continue" page on Firefox and a "Welcome to Product Detection" page in IE...there are no drivers listed at your link.

rshaffer61's link works properly in both browsers...and the drivers are listed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I got the same error message but thought it was due to me using Linux. Thanks for the confirmation Wannabe1.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Do you have any more ideas to help me with my TrayApp problem? "Kimsland" gave me some advice, but since they aren't a trusted tech, I was going to wait for you to reply before I tried their advice.
I'm in no hurry; I'd just like to be rid of this terrible TrayApp!
-purple21
P.S. I really appreciate your help!! Thanks.

Did you download the drivers and install them fresh?

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Well, I did download a new driver from the HP site when you first started helping me, rshaffer61, but since then, I've just kept using that one. But I've uninstalled and re-installed a million times. Should I download my driver from HP again and try again? And should I try what Kimsland suggested--uninstalling every HP program and later re-installing them? Thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep uninstall all HP programs and start fresh.

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Ok. Before I do this drastic step, I have another concern. :) As I mentioned before, I also have an HP ScanJet 3200C scanner. It was given to us and is old, but still works. The problem is that I can't find the drivers for this scanner on the HP site. I do have its drivers saved on my flash drive, so I can use them. However, this is my concern: One of the 5 HP programs I will have to uninstall is HP PrecisionScan LT Software (the software for the scanner). I have looked for this also on the HP site, but can't seem to find it, either. My question is, is this software included with the driver I have for the scanner? Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would imagine it is part of the software and driver that is installed.
Unless you can tell me you had to download the program apart from the drivers then it would be included with the file on your flash drive.

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
No, when the drivers were gone after the system recovery, all I did was re-install the driver from my flash drive. So then, it would be ok, unless for some reason the software was left on my computer and the drivers were removed after the recovery. Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So have you uninstalled everything and reinstalled?
Is the trayapp message still happening?

purple21

purple21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
:) No, not yet! I kind of dread this drastic step!! But I will do it. I appreciate your patience with this TrayApp problem!! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I am never in a hurry as you do all the work and I am just the one giving the steps. :)