Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with TrayApp

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you have never used it then no big deal then.

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have used it to try to solve this issue but it didn't help. also, I forgot to click on the advanced button on the first 2, [bleep]. will that cause issues? :o

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope just repeat the steps. It's late here so I will check for any update in the morning and continue then.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, thanks for your help, good night.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I got rid of everything HP using the revo uninstaller, there is still the HP solution center icon on my desktop which is what I would normally use to initiate the scanning process. If I click on it it says I'm missing drivers blah blah blah. and the HP support assistant is still there also. anyway, then ran CC cleaner, just the defaults and restarted my machine, the same dam errors popped up. I then went to download and install the new driver/software package for my printer, it says it can't install because I'm missing drivers, which is why I'm tying to install in the first place, then basically terminates the install process. Before it terminates, it attempts to unistall and more errors pop up and the whole thing quits. I have noticed on the driver download page that I have the option of actually purchasing the instal CD, but I don't know if that would do any good. Not sure it's worth it either...

Again, thank you for trying, if you have anything else you can suggest, by all means share away.
Mary

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Tutorial for running chkdsk in Vista\Win 7 located HERE.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I am back, it's been a while because I am so frustrated. the tray app problem has gone away, not sure why. I still am getting a pop up at start up that says: windows is missing C:\Program file (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Bin\HPQTRA08.EXE. Since we last spoke, I did purchase the CD, which I'm sure I probably didn't have to, and I am still having the exact same problems.The system closes the installation at step 9 and shuts down. I have no other option from there, it just quits. Is there a way to find this particular file on the CD itself maybe?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your best chance is to uninstall the HP printer and then reinstall it fresh. This should put the file where it needs to be.

The file should be located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folderor in the C:\Program Files" (mostly C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\
The other possibility is that your Flash player is not updated. Check it by going HERE

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
My flash player is up to date, I have now attempted to re install, using the disk and this is the error message I get. my only option at this point is to close the program.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: hpzscr40.EXE
Application Version: 13.0.445.0
Application Timestamp: 4a7346a0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec4aa8e
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0000000000054f36
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 07cb
Additional Information 2: 07cbd9a45017d624cc0745c20649b60b
Additional Information 3: bbce
Additional Information 4: bbce865878139b99df177677447f662a

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you uninstall all the HP software first?

Advertisements

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
As far as I know, but it's acting like there is something lingering in the background that I am unable to locate and remove. I really don't know. Grasping at straws here. The one thing that I can see that is HP related is HP set up.exe and when I try to uninstall it through the control panel, I get this error message: "Setup.exe has stopped working" and here are the details of that Problem; Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: setE62A.tmp
Application Version: 11.0.0.28844
Application Timestamp: 4250bcf6
Fault Module Name: setE62A.tmp
Fault Module Version: 11.0.0.28844
Fault Module Timestamp: 4250bcf6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000742e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Again, the only option I have is to close the program...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this:

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Unfortunately, I used that program back in May when this all started and I can't use the free version anymore. Since then I have tried to install it and uninstall a few times. Is there possibly another uninstaller program I can utilize? I have CCleaner and it also blocks me from uninstalling that particular file.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Let me check something.

Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Is there anything in there about HP? Is it checked and if so uncheck it. Apply or OK and then the system should reboot.
Post back with the results

maryisme

maryisme

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
There are no HP program showing in there, I have 6 that are checked, Winpatrol, PMB (my photo editing program, iTunes (not sure why) Malwarebytes, PC pitstop, and nex def plugin.