Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D:\ is not accessible

• Please log in to reply

mattiethecaddy

mattiethecaddy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having trouble with my DVD burner. I'm trying to place the pictures of my son growing up on DVD to back them up. Every time I try to drag and drop the folder to the drive(I do this by opening My Documents and drag them to the drive under My Computer) I get a message saying "D:\ is not accessible". The drive is enabled and as far as I know it is set to burn DVDs. I know it is capable of burning DVDs because I have done it before using InterVideo Win DVD about a year ago but I don't think that program will do what I want to do. Please give me some advice, I don't want to risk losing precious memories. The folder containing the pictures is approx. 3.75GB and I don't want to use multiple CDs.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Do you have a blank dvd in the drive when you drag and drop? If not, try that.

Edited by Ferrari, 23 February 2010 - 12:51 AM.

mattiethecaddy

mattiethecaddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes I did. However, never mind. I just had to download a different software(Sonic wasn't working for some reason)and it worked fine. Thanks for your time!

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
No problem, software was going to be my next step. :) Good luck with everything.