Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

System Hibernation Issues

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We have several hundred IBM Lenovo (M55) Systems that are running Windows XP SP3 and also have the Novell Client (ver. 4.91 SP5) as well as the ZENWorks Application Launcher installed. I need to get all these systems setup so that hibernation mode is triggered after 15 minutes of inactivity. I configured the 15 minute hibernation on one of my test boxes however after 30 minutes had passed it still had not initiated hibernation. I'd heard that certain screensavers could be an issue however disabling the screensaver failed to resolve the issue. I tried lowering the hibernation initiation period to 1 minute and that worked perfectly however when I set it for 5 minutes or longer it fails to work. I tried building a box from scratch using the same hardware and OS but nothing else and this worked fine at 15 minutes. I tried removing the Novell Client and App Launcher from one of the test boxes that hadn't been working however that failed to resolve the issue. Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue and how I might go about fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try the troubleshooter for hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP...here