Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi all:0)Having probs uploading videos to mediafire-can anyone help me

• Please log in to reply

`Davina`

`Davina`

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys,I just want to firstly say thanks so much for your time.

I'm here 'coz I'm having problems uploading files(vids) to Mediafire.

At first I thought it was 'coz I had a free account so I got Mediafire pro(paid version) but the prob is still the same.

I don't have much knowledge of computers.

I have a wireless connection (unwired),but I'm just not sure if this is it-If it is what can I do to fix it & more so what can I do to fix this prob in general.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your time, Davina... :) :) :) :)

Advertisements

Deon

Deon

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Hi Davina and welcome to GeeksToGo!

Can you give me a bit of a specific run-down of the particular problem?
Maybe a screenshot if it's a graphical error coming up?

Also, can you include the following in your next post:

Windows Version (eg: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X):
Browser name and version (eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. You can find the version by opening the browser and clicking Help -> About):

Cheers :)

Deon :)

`Davina`

`Davina`

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Browser name and version (eg: Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. You can find the version by opening the browser and clicking Help -> About):

`Davina`

`Davina`

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Deon, Thanks so much for your time.

Iam totally computer illiterate so I'm not sure how to send you a screen shot.

But what happens is I'll upload a video-for example,the last one I tried to upload looks like this-

Happy birthday(D)BETTER 1.avi
824,293KB

I've tried uploading both compressed (winrar) & normal size-both don't work.

When I try to upload it will try to upload it & look like it's making very slow progress for hours on end & then when it finalizes in the progress section it says "error".

I have Windows XP & my browser is Firefox but I've tried using another browser to upload also-internet explorer & it does the same thing.

I have an wireless modem connection (company-unwired) & the Ethernet is connected to the modem.

Thanks so much for your assistance with this-I appreciate it heaps especially since I've been trying to get it to work for weeks now to no avail.You're great! :0)

:0) Davina... :0)

Deon

Deon

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Well my first instinct is that you have quite a large file there..
804MB is very large, and the larger the file, the more prone you are of waiting hours and hours and then it stuffing up on 99%.

Firstly, let's assume the problem is solely because of the file size.
In WinRAR, find the file and right-click it, and click 'Add files to archive':
Posted Image

Next, name the file, change the type to 'RAR' and set 'Split to volume, bytes' to Zip100:
Posted Image

It should convert your very large file into about 8 or 9 small files you string together.
Upload all of these to Megaupload one-by-one (the smaller file sizes should allow it to take 1/8th of the time for each file, and also might have a better success rate.

The recipient at the other end just needs to download each file one-by-one, then put them all in one folder and WinRAR will piece the files back together and create your video again.

It's a little cumbersome but that is a very large file you've got there :)

Let me know how you go, and don't forget to log into your Premium account when you upload!

Cheers,

*LATE EDIT*: Just re-read you're using Wireless Internet.. uploading huge amounts over Wireless can be difficult anyway because of the "not so reliable" nature of Wireless. When something travels through ethernet all the way to the internet company, nothing can get in it's way. When something is travelling through the air, all sorts of other electro-magnetic interference (other signals, mobile phones, sometimes even cordless phones or microwaves - but they usually operate at a different spectrum) can get in the way of the signal, and ultimately, break it down. Just something to consider :)

Edited by Deon, 24 February 2010 - 06:39 PM.