Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply

Sticc

Sticc

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,
My old D-link wireless router died on me a couple weeks ago. I purchased a new D-link DIR-615 N and set it up. I have one Vista machine hard wired, one Vista machine wireless and two laptops both XP.
Everything worked great for about 3 days. Then all of the wireless machines showed Limited or no connectivity, in the task bar.
I had to set up the internet connection in the router again and everything worked again for about 3 days.
I have redone this several times.
It seems like every time the DHCP lease is renewed I have to redo the internet setup in the router.
Could this be a problem with the router?
Thanks for your time,
Sticc

Edited by Sticc, 23 February 2010 - 01:26 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try changing the wireless channel in the router configuration (you might have to experiment for a few days with a different channel each time). Those PC's which connect wirelessly will automatically detect the channel change so no need to to do anything with them.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 23 February 2010 - 04:06 PM.