Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can someone tell me what a 'graphical FTP interface' is?

• Please log in to reply

righter8

righter8

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was given an assignment in my network development class and I'm supposed to compare 5 different graphical FTP interfaces, but when I do a google search, those 3 words don't seem to appear anywhere together. Can someone give me a few specific names of graphical FTP interfaces that I can go off of and research?
I'm not asking for anything more than the names of the applications (I'm assuming they are applications).

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
we're not really in the business of doing homework around here...

but, that's an oddly worded question as i've never heard of any FTP interface referred to as graphical. one would assume that they mean an FTP interface that's not text based (like command line FTP)...which basically means any FTP client you find online is going to be a graphical FTP interface by default (i've not seen any CLI ones on offer for download)

iSearch

iSearch

• Pip
  • 4 posts
"graphical FTP interface"? Hmm the first thing which comes to my mind is a program like Filezilla

righter8

righter8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the responses.
Again, I'm not asking for anyone to DO my homework, but to help me with a term that I can't find (and apparently hasn't been heard by anyone else :) )

Here is the page that my assignment is on. The assignment is under the Assignments section where it says 'DO' My Homework You can see clearly that he has stated 'graphical FTP interface'.

Edited by righter8, 23 February 2010 - 04:07 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Hi righter8.
Use advanced search in google. Enter FTP in the top field and graphical in the scond field, this will give you thougands and thousands of returns to brownse through. Not something I envy you doing.

Good luck.

geeky69

geeky69

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm in your class. It came up in a regular Google search for me. Type graphical FTP interfaces -com to reduce the search results by about 150,000