Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR CODE 12 PHILIPS CDRW/DVD SCB5265

• Please log in to reply

xpando420

xpando420

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my everex stepnote nm3500w is equipped with a PHILIPS CDRW/DVD SCB5265 reader/ burner drive which worked fine up until about a month ago, when i returned home from costco with a 100 pack of blank sony data CDs i got for $10 (not sure if this matters, but i think the CDs were meant for mexico, as they say "supremas" on them and are identified as philips brand by windows burn wizard) and tried to burn some aqua teen hunger force episodes on them. after 10 attempts to burn i finally had success, using windows burd wizard. windows media player would not use these CDs at all. anyway, a couple weeks go by and i burn things successfully using these CDs from time to time, but about two weeks ago the computer stops recognizing the discs. like, totally stops, and not just with these cheap-o discs, but all discs. i spend the better part of an entire day trying to figure out whats going on, and i finally find this message: Event Type: Error
Event Source: PlugPlayManager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 12
Date: 2/5/2010
Time: 2:34:48 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XPANDO420
Description:
The device 'PHILIPS CDRW/DVD SCB5265' (IDE\CdRomPHILIPS_CDRW/DVD_SCB5265________________TX08____\5&28b09070&0&0.0.0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

Advertisements