Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Network card vs Ethernet card

• Please log in to reply

aznblade1

aznblade1

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
are they both the same? would my ethernet cord fit in the network card? i dunno i was confused between those when i was buying a new comp

my new comp has a 100/1000 gigabyte lan network card .. i tbhink.. sometyhing like that...

Edited by aznblade1, 19 May 2005 - 07:59 AM.

Advertisements

the_Jackal

the_Jackal

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
The answer to your question is yes an ethernet card is the same as a network card, is just a different way of referring to it that's all.

When you say "Would my ethernet card fit into my network card" I assume what you are really asking is would it fit into your computer, the answer is yes assuming that you have the correct type of slot in your computer, that said however you have no need to swap the card, the new card you have is more likely faster than the one in your old computer.

aznblade1

aznblade1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
ahh thanks, i was worried there, i thought i had to buy anohter ethernet card, but lucky i didnt buy one yet =D

EDIT- sorry for my grammer and my spelling, i was in a hurry to get to my classes

Edited by aznblade1, 19 May 2005 - 12:48 PM.