Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fujitsu Siemens Start-up Problem - HELP!

• Please log in to reply

jodogo7

jodogo7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a problem I've been having for a while. I'm running Vista Home on a Fujitsu siemens Amilo pi 2515 laptop.

About two months ago, it stop turning on first time. I pressed the power button, all the lights light up and I can hear the hard drive going, but the screen doesn't turn on and it's like it's frozen in the boot-up sequence. I then held down the power button, tried again and it started. However, since then, the number of times I've had to 'try again' has increased. Sometimes now I can sit there starting and restarting for up to two hours before the boot up sequence starts and other times it starts after just three attempts!

I've got to the point where I just leave it on 24/7 now, but it's making transporting it a bit of a problem with only a couple of hours of battery life.

Bit of a strange one, but any suggestions as to what the problem is and a possible solution would be most welcome!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Advertisements