Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sling Box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

praglen

praglen

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I live in Thailand and can buy it for a friend in the states to install. I assume he can "sling" his cable TV programs to me, thru our Internet connection.
Two questions: Does he have to have his cable TV on 24/7?
Are there any advantages to HIM in accommodating ME so I can watch stuff that's impossible to get here(like football and baseball games, ESPN, network programs,etc.)?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what you're wanting to do is against the terms of service of slingbox. the slingbox TOS and EULA (end user license agreement) states that the service can only be used to stream content to someone who actually lives in the location that the device is installed. I.E. your primary permanent residence would have to be your friend's house in order for you to legally use the service. slingbox does not allow the streaming of content to someone who DOES NOT reside in the home that has the device installed, that includes neighbors and people across the world.

since it's against our site's TOU to help anyone with any issue that violates any other company or website's TOU we cannot help you with this issue