Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

**UPDATE** BF2 on Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit

• Please log in to reply

CMS2772

CMS2772

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library

Program:...Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield2\BF2VoiceSetup.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
now be terminated.

This is the error I get when the install is almost done. My on board audio is disabled. All my other games (a lot) run perfectly. I can't figure it out. I could disable VOIP, but I don't want to have to do that to play the game. It's one of my favorite games of all time so I'd like to continue to be able to play. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated and thanks for looking, Chris.

All drivers are up to date.

EVGA 780i SLI
Q9550 @ 4.14GHz
EVGA 9800GX2 in SLI
Creative X-FI Elite Pro 7.1 Surround
8GB OCZ Platinum PC2-8500 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-24
Tagan 1300W PSU
WD Raptor 10,000 RPM in Raid 0
Zalman Reserator XT (P.O.S.!!!)

Edited by CMS2772, 24 February 2010 - 07:59 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

Please take a look here:

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/283637.page

CMS2772

CMS2772

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
**<<UPDATE>>** After trying for a few days now with no success, Microsoft has just come out with an update to fix the problem. I just got the update and read all the details. It didn't specifically mention BF2, but it did mention BF2142. I'm guessing that the issue is similar if not the same because it fixed my issue immediately. http://support.microsoft.com/KB/976264 if anyone else knows of anyone having an issue please refer them to this link. Thanks for the welcoming and I hope this helps somebody.