Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Rorschach112 is a Hero!

• Please log in to reply

gerrypb

gerrypb

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi, everyone

Rorschach112 just finished working with me (for five days!) helping me get rid of that nasty Google Redirect thing.

I've been using laptops for five years or so, but I'm not technically oriented; I hadn't taken much trouble to understand computer security (beyond installing antivirus software), so the problem was, at least in part, my own fault; and it scared the [bleep] out of me! Also, I'm an "old guy", so I don't learn as easily as I used to. Finally, I'm pretty dependant on the laptop for a bunch of things that are very important to me.

Rorschach112 did a terrific job guiding me through what was, for me, a pretty harrowing experience! He struck me as both patient and relentless in getting my machine back up and running. I'd like to give him a very loud, heartfelt and public THANK YOU!!

As for the site itself, it's an amazing public resource. In an age which seems to me to be characterized more and more by greed and worship of money, here are a bunch of people volunteering their time, their expertise and their commitment to help people, like me, who need help.

Thanks to all at Geeks-to-Go! (I'd sign up for GeekU myself, except for the fact that the heroic Rorschach112 is a GeekU teacher and moderator - he'd probably give up computers for life!)

Gerry

Edited by gerrypb, 24 February 2010 - 03:20 PM.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,640 posts
Rorschach112 is one of the best! Thanks for your kind words, and we are glad you got things worked out. :)

Enjoy the forums.