Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery Partition (Drive: D) in Vista

• Please log in to reply

gerrypb

gerrypb

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi, everyone:

Rorschach112 just finished helping me get rid of that nasty Google Redirect thing. I'd like to start behaving a bit more responsibly in using my computer, which means I feel I need to seriously address the following:

1. I hate Vista (personal, I'll have get over it)
2. My D: drive shows as full
3. System Restore has never worked
4. I didn't make a set of recovery disks after I bought the machine (very dumb, I know) and the utility won't let me do it now

I've researched the recovery partition thing and can't find much info that seems useful. I'm pretty sure old system restore points are what is clogging the d drive, but I don't know enough to safely go into the drive and start deleting things.

Additionally, I experienced an external hard drive failure recently which may or may not be related to my malware problem (Rorschach112 thought it unlikely but possible).

I could use some help, if someone has the time.

Thanks

Gerry

Advertisements