Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printers won't work

• Please log in to reply

peaksoft

peaksoft

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My USB printer suddenly stopped working (Win ME computer). I have now tried three different printers and two USB cables, using every USB port available. Each port works fine with other USB devices.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
IN control panel, remove all printers...if it asks you to remove old files,say yes.

Reinstall printer and drivers in the manner described in directions of printer (some require you to install printer drivers then attach printers, others do not).

If it fails, likely a bad printer

peaksoft

peaksoft

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Many thanks for your interest, although as I mentioned, this is the third printer I've tried.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
OK, I'm missing something....when you said other usb devices, I thought you meant it works with the other three printers

All USB ports work with anything EXCEPT for any kind of printer?

And you removed any printer from the printer applet in control panel?