It could be any number of issues. Is this the system you ended up getting? http://www.geekstogo...ce-t267539.html
Have you tried a different monitor? Does the computer seem to turn on at all? Or completely dead? You may want to try this. Try only one video card. Try using DVI, VGA, and HDMI. Also, do this with only one stick of RAM in the first Red Slot
DIMM 1A (the closest red one to the cpu). Does it boot? If not, change video cards, and change the one stick of RAM. Does it boot? What about beep codes? Do you have a old PCI-E or PCI card you can try as a test?
If none of this works, it would be best to break it down into the bare essentials and bench test it. Which is a shame you had ibuypower build it because it would mean practically rebuilding the system. However, if you bought this from Ibuypower, does this void warranty at all? Have you contacted them for troubleshooting the problem?How to perform a bench test:
DO NOT hook up the hard drive, CD/DVD, case fans, lights, or anything else not mentioned above.
- Remove the motherboard from the case and place it on a piece of cardboard
- Install only the CPU with heatsink and fan (remember to use thermal paste and plug in the fan)
- Install only 1 stick of ram in dimm 1 (consult your motherboard manual for which slot is to be used)
- Hook up the Power Supply (there should be a 20 or 24pin connector, and a 4 or 8pin connector)
- Use onboard video, (if not available, use a video card)
- Use any momentary case switch, or have your case close enough to install it's case switch
- Make sure there is a case speaker connected, many modern motherboards have an onboard speaker
- Connect a ps2 mouse and keyboard along with the monitor (if all you have is USB, that's ok)
- Power the system on
- Can you get to the BIOS? (Consult motherboard manual on how to enter the BIOS)
If the system does not power on, replace the 1 stick of RAM with the other stick. Are you getting any kind of beep codes? Do you get any video? Do the fans remain on, but no video?
Edited by Ferrari, 25 February 2010 - 12:33 AM.