Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

what processor model again?

• Please log in to reply

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
found a nice looking laptop its....
acer aspire 5535 turion x2 4gb ram 160hdd
i wanted to know the model number of the processor so i can make my mind up unfotunately its not listed anywhere not even at acer
the model of the laptop is LX.AUB0Y.004 but even thats no good anyone got any ideas?

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
It is a Athlon x2 Dual Core QL-64 according to this website HERE.

ProcessorChipset Type AMD M780G
64-bit Computing Yes
Multi-Core Technology Dual-Core
Processor AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 / 2.1 GHz

You can see how it compares to other mobile and DESKTOP processors HERE. It is in between Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 and Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 about 2/3's down on the list.

Here are the GOOGLE Results when I googled acer aspire 5535 LX.AUB0Y.004

Hope that helps. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
all of my googeling suggests that it's a turion not an athlon (also, the product name kind of gives that away)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

also, the product name kind of gives that away

:) I know, even what I link to the title says "turion" in the google result, but show an athlon processor, so I don't know! :)

Same with here... http://www.shop.bt.c...b-vhb-68WF.html

Edited by Ferrari, 25 February 2010 - 03:27 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
me neither...at least not for sure

looking at the acer UK site (OP is in the UK) the aspire 5535 can be bought with either an athlon or turion...of course the acer site also shows a different product number as well

this is what the acer site shows as a 5535

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:) I'm not sure either (especially now). The Acer site says this...

# AMD Turion™/Turion Ultra™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology with up to 2 MB L2 Cache supporting AMD HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology or,
# AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor with up to 1 MB L2 Cache supporting AMD HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology

Which is even further confusing, because most of the sites are saying Athlon x2 which I thought was a Athlon II x2, not Athlon 64. :)

I can see why the OP is confused on what processor is in there. I think it's always best to go off of the manufacturers website, so it should have a Turion or an Athlon 64. It could be either one depending on what specific one you buy. I would recommend if the site/store you are going to purchase from doesn't specify which one it has, look elsewhere. Some stores are notorious for that :) And from experience, if the cost is a lot cheaper than somewhere else, it may be because it has the cheaper/older processor in it.

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i found the same info as ferrari at first of the acer site using the model number but it list three
without the thing in front of me i cant tell
hopefully the 4gb version will have the athlon 64
and the 2gb the turion lol
cheers for the help guys

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

hopefully the 4gb version will have the athlon 64

hopefully isn't a word that should be tied to money. where are you buying this thing from? the fact that it's listed as a turion would suggest that it's the turion model, i can't see why they'd put that in the product name at the place you're buying this thing from if it was an athlon processor

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
dabs.co.uk or btshop.co.uk
both have it listed as the turion
ive got a budget of £300 and need a good processor and a good amount of ram, but i can always replace these at a later date.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if they don't have full specs listing the exact processor type...i'd be concerned

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i've had some stuff off them before i know both companies are legit
but i've never had a full system or laptop.
might just keep looking cheers for info though