Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plug and play shows up as unknown device.

• Please log in to reply

dot1

dot1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I think I am posting this in the correct section, I am trying to to use a Blue Mike Snowflake microphone on my laptop. In Device Manager it comes up as Unknown Device. I have spent almost two days searching for the answer! I have e-mail and phoned the manufacturer with no response! I have unplugged and taken the battery out of the computer, manually removed the usb hubs from Device Manager and uploaded Service Pack 3. Any other ideas??? Thanks for the help! Oh and I am running Windows XP.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You need to install the driver for it. Can you give me the make and model of the mic? Usually the drivers can be found on their website.

EDIT: Hmmm, on second thought, I did some research and it clearly says no driver needed. Have you updated the driver? Like this...

How to update drivers in the Device Manager:
  • Click Start
  • Right Click My Computer
  • Select Properties
  • Bring hardware tab forward (should be by default)
  • Click Device Manager
  • Right Click on the Unknown Device
  • Select Update Driver
  • Follow the onscreen instructions (see images below)
Did it find any updated drivers? Did this solve your problem?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ferrari, 25 February 2010 - 07:45 PM.

dot1

dot1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You need to install the driver for it. Can you give me the make and model of the mic? Usually the drivers can be found on their website.

EDIT: Hmmm, on second thought, I did some research and it clearly says no driver needed. Have you updated the driver? Like this...

How to update drivers in the Device Manager:

• Click Start
  • Right Click My Computer
  • Select Properties
  • Bring hardware tab forward (should be by default)
  • Click Device Manager
  • Right Click on the Unknown Device
  • Select Update Driver
  • Follow the onscreen instructions (see images below)
Did it find any updated drivers? Did this solve your problem?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is a Blue Microphone Snowflake, website is www.bluemic.com. It does not have a driver, I have tried! I think they have had some issues with this because there was a blurp that they will not help with software issues. T think I may end up sending it back. Unless I can get some help here! :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Did you try updating the driver in the device manager like I gave instructions for?

Sometimes when an unknown device happens on a plug and play, it means the device is bad/broken.

dot1

dot1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I attempted to update but came back no update available. If I can not get it going today I will send it back.