Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

worm.win32.netsky

• Please log in to reply

Belarus228

Belarus228

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

My computer has recently been hit by the worm.win32.netsky virus. There were all the fake virus pop ups and my backround image read that my pc was infected along with other symptoms such as my task manger wasn't working and I couldn't access cmd or regedit. After doing a lot of research on the topic I found a "Netsky" app that supposidly got rid of the virus, it helped and I was able to once again access taskmanager,cmd,regedit...etc but I couldn't access add/remove programs in the control panel.

I was able to run an antispyware software called A Squared that was able to remove about 23 infections but the pc would crash with out the program ever finishing a full scan. Since the virus hit the pc, it has been very unstable and the blue screen comes up a lot. I have tried all of the tips mentioned online but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rorschach112, 26 February 2010 - 08:29 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

posts relating to malware infections must be posted here:
http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

We are not allowed to analyse HJT logs on this forum as it requires the expert knowledge of the malware team.