Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vertical colored lines on laptop screen

• Please log in to reply

beknik5

beknik5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400, and about a year ago I sent it into Dell and had my LCD screen replaced for a pixel issue. Soon after I started to get colored vertical lines that prevent me from using the screen (my warranty has run up and it has been so long I cannot send it back to Dell). The screen looks very similar to this screen: http://www.asklaptop...-lsd-screen.jpg

When I hook the computer up to a monitor or even a projector I can see everything and use the computer fine, the screen remains unusable with the vertical lines though. I put the laptop aside for a few months because I had no idea how to fix it. Randomly I turned the lap top on and it worked perfectly, no lines and no problems. After about a month the computer suddenly washed out and the lines appeared. Saddened, I again put the computer aside for a few months. About three weeks ago I tried to use it again and it worked perfectly but tonight it has washed out and the lines again appeared. I'm wondering if I need a new LCD screen or if it is simply a connection issue since the screen works fine sometimes. I appreciate any help or advice. If anyone has a step by step guide on how to fix a connection issue I would love that. Thanks

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Try the Manuals