Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq presario 2700 want boot

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you create a shortcut using the command line you use now then you should be able to open it from your desktop then.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

i do have one problem. the only way i can go on the net is by going to run and entering a home page.

i was owndering how i can repair this?

when i go to start and internet explore i get internet properties

How is this possible after a fresh reformat and install of the OS?
I just don't understand.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

i do have one problem. the only way i can go on the net is by going to run and entering a home page.

i was owndering how i can repair this?

when i go to start and internet explore i get internet properties

How is this possible after a fresh reformat and install of the OS?
I just don't understand.

me neither. everything is working very good just this one thing. when i click on internet explorer

well never mind. i downloaded some drivers and now it is working. so i guess now it is good

everytime i run auto updates it ask me if i want to download this or that and now it is working

this was the same way with outlook express. i downloaded serice packk 3 and bam thier it appeared.

but really thanks for all your help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for letting us know and hopefully now everything will work correctly for you.
I appreciate your patience and understanding with everything. Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

40vern

40vern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Thanks for letting us know and hopefully now everything will work correctly for you.
I appreciate your patience and understanding with everything. Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

you are so kind however i feel that i should be the one for saying thankyou. i mean i asked like a million questions and you and others always got back with me. this is a wonderful place for someone that is willing to learn

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Part of the reason we do this is to not only fix a issue but hopefully help you learn some things to help yourself.
I for one take it as a honor to assist someone and if I succeed either on my own or with the assistance of other members like then to me we have done great by you as the user.
Please feel free to visit the other forums and hopefully pick up more tips along the way. As always if you have any other issues feel free to ask and we will assist the best we can.