Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply

ehavs

ehavs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I recently purchased a Linksys Wireless N - Router and am currently having troubles with it. I ran through all the install steps and initially it worked, however recently I have been having issues connecting to it with my wireless laptops. I feel it is a problem with the router or the setup as I have tried this with multiple laptops and it is the same result.

I will log in to the Laptop and it will say in the systems tray unable to connect to preferred wireless network. I notice that the SSID I setup is set to install automatically, I will try to change that setting and login manually but it always goes back to automatic.

For the most part as long as I hit refresh network list it will find my network and it has excellent strength. And to top this all off occasionally it will connect and work completely fine. It is a WPA2 setup.

If anyone can please help me out as I am losing my mind over this.

Thanks

Advertisements