Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Temp file remover

• Please log in to reply

AlanB4U

AlanB4U

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have used temp file remover programs for years but they will no longer operate on my system. Task manager indicates not responding for any I attempt to use. What might be the cause?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
does this work for you ?

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

AlanB4U

AlanB4U

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Let me be more specific. I have been using ATF cleaner provided by atribune.org successfully for years. I have used it on this computer. I had already downloaded TFC to see if it would work. Attempts to use either of them result in the message NOT RESPONDING on task manager. I am trying to determine why neither of them will work now.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I think it would be a good idea to get your PC checked for malware

Read this link

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Then post a new topic with the logs here

http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

AlanB4U

AlanB4U

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My attempts to download the Reimage program were blocked by Spybot Teatimer which will not allow access so I cannot remove it. Is there a solution to this dilemma?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I have no idea what you are referring to concerning Reimage, there is no mention of that in the above links

You need to do the steps in the first link