Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a half decent graphics card

• Please log in to reply

jimfdowning

jimfdowning

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi all

Im running a Abit f190hd board with 4gb ram and ive just started to play a few games online & my on board graphics are lagging.

I'm want a half decent card that would handle this would don't want to break the bank :)

Been looking @ Powercolor HD3650 512mb it's cheap enough but is it any good?

Any suggestions at cards around £60 - £70 would be appreciated

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
It looks like for that price range a GTS 250 or a Radeon 4850. Take a look at this... http://www.tomshardw...ard,2521-3.html It is from a trusted hardware reviewer on "Best Graphics Cards For the Money". The page I linked to is the $80-$120 range which is around 60-70 Pounds. Either one of those cards will be good, some play games better than other games, so look around on that site for reviews of each one, and they will show benchmarks from different games and such.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 26 February 2010 - 12:06 PM.

jimfdowning

jimfdowning

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks Ferrari I'll check it out :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You're welcome. :)