Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ati2dvag blue screen

• Please log in to reply

gonzo1970

gonzo1970

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am hoping someone can help me the problem is as follows
Try booting up windows xp wont boot at all getting message ati2dvag begining dump of physical memory cant start in safe mode either because f8 wont work when i press it during boot up i also am running unbuntu along side xp and can usually get a little further along boot up with this but then screen freezes after a while cursor moves but key presses do nothing.
Many thanks
ps am a fairly newbie

Advertisements

gonzo1970

gonzo1970

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
have just managed to get it booted in vga mode on xp will let you know how it goes

gonzo1970

gonzo1970

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
right was in vga mode and all was fine so i decided to put the screen resolution back to normal and it crashed

Jr0x

Jr0x

Malware removal team

• Malware Removal
  • 1,830 posts
It is a bug.

Boot into any mode you can, uninstall all ATI related driver.

I assume you might not have connection, thus, using another PC/Laptop, download the latest driver for your graphic card and transfer into your PC. Install it and reboot to normal mode.

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
@Jr0x

The newest driver is not always the best choice for stability. The OP should try the newest driver and if it acts up, they should revert to an earlier version.

Jr0x

Jr0x

Malware removal team

• Malware Removal
  • 1,830 posts
Yeah, latest driver doesn't mean the good one.

But shall have them to try out the latest one first and see the result.