Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Intel Xeon CPU Question

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Alright, in another post I asked about ram which I've ordered and is on its way system specs and more information. See the other post here-> http://www.geekstogo...on-t269418.html

My question which I asked in that thread but really doesn't suit that location. So maybe here I will get a better response.

What is the difference between the Intel Xeon 3.06ghz Dell M1938 and the Intel Xeon Dell U0622? Now from what I've been reading the U0622 is a Slot Style CPU and the M1938 is socket. My server is socket style. I just want to confirm if the M1938 is the one I need to get.

Here is an image of my server board.
Posted Image

According the Item list (here) It should come with all the necessary parts to install. CPU, Heatsink & Fan, and the VRM Board.

Both the U0622 and the M1938 share the same image on that site, so that is why I wanted confirmation of which CPU I need to get. That and I really don't want to tear the HSF off the board since I am limited on my artic silver thermal compound. I've run CPUz and all it spits out for really Identifiable information is Socket (604)
Here is an image of the cpuz program running on my server
Posted Image

TIA Jon

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
FYI: I forgot about the dell site, since I have the service tag I looked up the orginal build sheet and it gives the products / pns. CPU is a U0622