Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have i got trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c..?[resolved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Is this your ISP?

OrgName: America Online
OrgID: AOL
Address: 22000 AOL Way
City: Dulles
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20166

Is it running OK? I would update to sp2.

Advertisements

Naj114

Naj114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ermm im in the UK, but i am with AOL so i wouldn't know about their American address. I have been waiting for automatic updates to install SP2, it's been done now. So far no major probs, allthough the modem was playing up but i guess that was done to the fact that it was pretty hot, never done that before though.

Again, thank you very much for your help, i hope i can remain realtivell trouble free.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I will leave this topic open for a few days in case you run into additional problems.

Congratulations! Your system is CLEAN :tazz:

How do you prevent spyware from being installed again? We strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster (it's free for personal use) Click Here.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page.

It's also very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks. Click Here to make sure that you have the latest patches for Windows.

These next two steps are optional, but will provide the greatest protection.
1. Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness. We usually recommend FireFox Posted Image.
2. Install Sun's Java. It's much more secure than Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine .

It's okay to delete the Hijack This folder if everything is working okay.

After doing all these, your system will be thoroughly protected from future threats. ;)