Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio over high definition audio bus

• Please log in to reply

AJ87

AJ87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello people;

This is a first time post, but I am confused as [bleep] and need some guidance;

I built a HTPC today (Zotac GeForce 9300 mini ITX, E5300, XP). I've booted it up all good and proper, however I can't seem to get audio over HDMI.

I've installed realtek fine (as i can hear with headphones/speakers), but the problem appears to lie with the Nvidia drivers. I've repeatedly tried installing and uninstalling these drivers, but have had no luck.

A quick look round in other forums suggested that it was an issue with the nvidia drivers release, so i unstalled it; but the generic Audio On High Definition Audio Bus from MS doesn't really do anything.

Has anyone come across the problem or know of a fix? Alternatively, are there any standard 'audio on high definition audio bus' drivers out there that i could use to get sound out of my tv?

Help would be appreciated!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Audio on High Definition Audio Bus is typically connected to two things:

1) The soundcard.
2) Any sound device that is added by graphics, such as graphics cards with HDMI output.

You should have everything you need on the driver installation CD that came with the board. It's most likely you've missed a driver somewhere.