Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major frustrations with resolution settings using LCD TV

• Please log in to reply

FeBolas

FeBolas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Graphics card = ATI Radeon x1300/x1550
OS = Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor = Philips LCD HDTV, model 23PF5320, connected to PC via DVI-D--DVI-D cable. Desktop is brand new.

I can't get the right screen resolution, and all settings but the smallest (640x480 and 720x480) make any floating windows flicker (but not stationary icons--they're just a little blurry). With the two smallest settings, like 30% of the desktop fills up the TV and everything's all giant-- but the image is perfectly clear (and very pretty, MAN I want to get this to work). Any larger resolution than that, and the flickering happens. How the heck to I get the screen to fit my TV, and make the flickering go away?

TV's listed resolution is 1366x768; W7 recommends 1920x1080. Under the 'advanced settings/monitor' tab, the screen refresh rate is shown as 30 HZ, Interlaced... and I feel like that's not right either. (there is no other option to select in that dropdown menu)

I downloaded ATI's W7 drivers and control center, but messing around in there didn't seem to help anything, though there are a lot of things that I don't know how to use. Halp!

Advertisements

FeBolas

FeBolas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found an S-video cable to connect with; it immediately fixed the over/underscan issues, but is incredibly blurry.