Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my home pages stuck

• Please log in to reply

andypunk

andypunk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
yo everytime i acess the net my homepage is http://rl.webtracer.cc/-/?bayzm and i can't get rid of it how do i fix it?

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
You have been browser highjacked!!!!!!

First thing you need to do is attempt to restore your old homepage.

go to: tools, scroll down to internet options, where it says "Address" place the www.name.com here.

Do this and then press "OK"

try your homepage now. If that works great. You can get on your homepage, but your not finished.
You need to d/l spybot and ad-aware. install those programs and run them. make sure you check for updates and delete anything they find.

Also, d/l CCleaner, this deletes all the garbage files that take up space on your computer, go here to get it: http://www.majorgeek...wnload4191.html

Do you have any anti virus? if not use the FREE AVG anti-virus
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

YOu need to protect your computer as best as possible. Changing your homepage back to normal will get you going, but you need to kill the program that changed it.

Last , run HJT (highjackthis) and post a log if all else fails

Good Luck

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Hi andypunk,

Webtracer is an internet hijacker that immediately switches itself back after you try and reset your homepage. Follow these instructions:

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

~Kristy

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Wow, hope that dosent happen to me

chessonly

chessonly

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
or even more simple get that microsoft antispyware (its still in beta)
i haven't used it but it had options to restore Ie from every disaster.

and to prevent this from happening again in future try Firefox OR opera :tazz: