Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ygoow and moorhunt

• Please log in to reply

Zach's CompServ

Zach's CompServ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, new to this forum.

I had recently shut down my webserver because of several small renovations to the house. I just hooked up my webserver to my main computer set up and saw that there was another user created under the name "Support". Couldn't log in to that user so I logged into my main with no problems. Then an application, "ygoow" was starting up. I immediately went into the processes and closed it before it fully started up. I went into user settings to change the password to "Support" and then logged in to that one. Again, "ygoow" was starting up and I immediately closed that process. I went to check the programs ("Start" - "All Programs") and saw that moorhunt was installed. I never used that program, don't even know what it is. It was in some foreign language that I can't figure out either when I opened that program up. It looked to be like a shell dos kind of thing with a command-like prompt and everything.

Does anyone know what either of these programs are? Am I a victim of some sort of attack on my webserver? None of the other computers in the house seem to have any problems from the last few months. Any help or information would be appreciated. I will probably be reinstalling XP or getting Windows Server for my webserver to try and keep the apparent attackers (i.e. hackers) out of my webserver. Is there anything I could do like call my ISP to see if anyone has been attempting any illegal access to my network?

Thanks for any information and help that can be given.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.
ygoow appears to be The new version Ygoow allows not only to download files through technology p2m, but also to exchange HTTP (both normal and rapidshare servers, etc.). or go to http://www.sitelogr.com/s/ygoow.com for more information.
moorhunt may be a seperate program or part of ygoow. Following is an extract from a google search.
Http://moorhunt.pl Software Informer: Latest Http://moorhunt.pl ... MoorHunt is an advanced P2M (Peer to Mail) program that will let you upload and download many files through email server accounts. So in this way, ...
http-moorhunt-pl.software.informer.com/ - Cached - Similar

Not much of a guru on software, so maybe someone else can help you. Looks like software for a server. See if you ccan find out when it was installed. It may be part of another pckage. You might be able to remove it through add or remove programs

Zach's CompServ

Zach's CompServ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was able to change the language of ygoow to English, and it looks to be a P2P file sharing program with something that has to do with email or whatever. moorhunt, however, I was not able to find anything to change the language to.

The language is set to Polish, I was able to figure out. Looking around my harddrive, I did find some torrent files as if someone was using my computer to try and download torrents of files. However, I was only able to find JUST the torrent download files, and not the actual torrents themselves (like iso files or anything like that). I have my webserver offline now, and will be doing a clean install of my webserver in the next week or two.