Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cpu fan failed f1 to continue

• Please log in to reply

iusetobesmart

iusetobesmart

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime the cpu starts up i get "cpu fan failed" annoying computer voice then press f1 to continue

I have an asus A8v deluxe motherboard the fan is currently plugged into where it says pwr fan on the motherboard

I thought it should have been plugged into the cpu fan socket but when i do that the fan does not work at all

this didint just start happening either been this way since ive had the computer just recently came across this great site

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Somewhere in the BIOS may be an option for what Asus call "Smart Fan Control" or Q-Fan control or something regarding automatic fan speed control. These are nice but the problem with them is they tend to trip fan not present errors for the simple reason that it's simply either not spinning at all or not fast enough.