Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help! windows movie maker problem

• Please log in to reply

razmack

razmack

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I have been using Windows Movie Maker (version 6) (NOT windows live movie maker) to edit my DVDs for a while now with no problems. What i normally do is insert the mini dvd from my sony camcorder, then copy the .VOB file to a folder on my desktop. I rename the file .mpeg and import it into WMM. This process HAS ALREADY worked several times.
I have done absolutly nothing different and all of a sudden i'm getting this error message come up:
"Windows Movie Maker cannot use the audio file C:\Users\Rowena\Videos\Blending a tip.mpeg is in use by another program or does not contain valid audio data."
It does have audio on it btw, and is not in use by another program.
Now i have searched the internet for solutions, including downloading codecs etc (I dont even know what they are just tried it from a forum) and nothing seems to work. I have re-booted my machine and tried different file names etc.
Its sooooo frustrating and driving me crazy that i cant find a solution to it so please please help if you can.
Thank you

Advertisements