Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer from [bleep]

• Please log in to reply

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi All, I have two laptop's one is a Lenovo running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 32bit and the other is a HP running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 32bit
So here's the deal if I take my flash drive from the Lenovo and put it in the HP it will not show all files and folds on the flash drive even with show all hidden files and folders checked, There is no hidden files or folders on this flash drive? And when I put the flash drive back in the Lenovo the files and folders that where before are now gone after having it in the HP? But what the HP had shown are still there?

I have tried more then one flash drive always get the same thing ?

I have had the flash drives in other computers and they see always see files and folds just fine and they don't delete files or folder from my flash drive.

I learned a long time ago not to put my 300 gig external hard drive in the HP because it will do the same thing to it.

The HP is clean no viruses, spy ware or anything and Windows is up to date along with drivers.
I have done a Google search and not yet found an answer to why this HP from [bleep] is doing this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dwight
P.S.
The HP is my Wife computer!

Edited by Dwight, 01 March 2010 - 11:50 AM.

Advertisements