Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Pro Task Manager

• Please log in to reply

Keithster McGraw

Keithster McGraw

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hi,

I have been through the Malware site and with the help of people from Lavasoft and HJT staff I am clean from viruses and Malware. However, I do have a problem in that now when I do a Control, Alt, Delete, I dont get the window that gives me the options to lock my computer, task manager, shutdown, log off cancel etc... I get a task manager window that gives me applications and status. There is no programs, applications, performance etc... There is also no x in the corner to shutdown. The task bar tile will also not function to shut down.

Any help is appreciated. I did ask the same question to the staff member helping me in the Malware forum.

I thought this may be a more appropriate forum. Let me know!

Thanks,

Keith

Advertisements

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
There a 5 sub menus, One of them could be it. Always at the top there is a shut down button. Have u changed anything that could cause this lately?