Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE8 problem

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
yesterday I tried to open IE8 but nothing happened. I tried to solve the problem by performing tasks that I could think of to correct it, from scanning it for virus, malware, etc. nothing helped so I decided to d/load it and reinstall it but when I tried I got this message "IE8 is not supported on this operating system" I don't see how when it was working fine a couple of days ago. I'm running windows 7

thank you

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hello rigs,

Usually when a program won't open, you should try restarting your computer first (just for future reference!).

Anyhow, try this:
  • Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
  • (on the left) Turn Windows features on or off.
  • In the new window, try to find Internet Explorer 8, and be sure it is checked.
  • Click OK.

You may need to restart your computer, I would suggest doing so.

-Tony

Edited by ersatz, 01 March 2010 - 03:14 PM.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
thank you, ersatz but IE8 was checked. As you know, Windows 7 has both IE8 64 and 32 bit. right now IE8(64) it's working in my system but not the IE8(32). both versions were running without any problems up to a few days ago.

Thank you