Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Ran combofix, no logs, Zonealarm choices to load or not unknown files.

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
My computer has been running as fast as ever, about 1 gbps but a lot of redirecting to ads when using google. That why I decided to use combofix. No viruses or malware detected.

I interupted the completion of Combofix by task manager ending *.cfxxe processes that were part of the Combofix program. Zonealarm popup asked for allowing or not allowing various files. After searching the web for info, I made some evidently wrong choices and Combofix ended without completion. I can only get to "internet options" through the tools on the tools bar, but not using my shortcut icon or the control panel icon. My files are messed up.

Prior to using Combofix, I cleaned using the latest CCleaner "windows program", none of other choices. Then scanned for viruses, malware using Zonealarm and Malwarebytes' Antimalware. Defraged with Auslogics Disk Defrag. Evidently Auslogics messes up the system restore ablility.

I do not have a backup system.
What should I now do? What order:

1. run cmd: chksd /r
2. run sfc /scannow

Where can I get supervision for running combofix for free? low on cash, unemployed.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
Your going to have to go to our malware/virus forum as directed in previous post.

The following is from our malware forum

Please do NOT post a Combofix log unless requested by the person helping you. Combofix should NEVER be run unless requested. While it's a powerful tool useful for removing a number of infections, things can, and do go wrong. Sometimes systems even refuse to boot. There are safeguards built into Combofix, but only someone trained in its use will be able to help you recover. The logs generated can also be very difficult to interpret properly.

When they get done and if you still need help you can return here.
I would suggest you give them a link to this topic.