Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone help me fix my audio problem?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

leader2

leader2

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
On my computer I listen to audio, but I can't record it for some reason. :) For example I tried to record something with audacity and it recorded nothing but blip noises. I tried to use a screen recorder with audio enabled and I got the same thing. I looked in the sounds area of windows and everything looked fine. I can't record anything on the computer and don't understand why. :) Can someone help me fix this? :)

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hello again leader2,

I hope your previous question was answered well! Speakers (which play your audio) are different than a Microphone (which records your audio). For example, you cannot record sounds with the little ear-bud headphones you use for an Ipod/MP3 player.

Depending on the make and model, most laptops have built in mics- but for desktops you will need to have some form of microphone, usually one you can just plug in via USB.

If you have a laptop with an internal mic, and it isn't recording sounds, it may just be a matter of an option not set. Give me some specs of the computer you are using and I'll help you out.

-Tony

leader2

leader2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hello again leader2,

I hope your previous question was answered well! Speakers (which play your audio) are different than a Microphone (which records your audio). For example, you cannot record sounds with the little ear-bud headphones you use for an Ipod/MP3 player.

Depending on the make and model, most laptops have built in mics- but for desktops you will need to have some form of microphone, usually one you can just plug in via USB.

If you have a laptop with an internal mic, and it isn't recording sounds, it may just be a matter of an option not set. Give me some specs of the computer you are using and I'll help you out.

-Tony

Thanks for that, but I don't own a laptop actually. I own a desktop computer. And what I mean by recording is to record a sound on the computer onto an app like audacity or Windows Sound recorder. For instance I go to youtube and hear some audio I like. I open up audacity and I click record. Before it used to record any sound that played on the computer. Now I barely get anything. I don't need a mic to do this. Just a sound recorder. I hope I'm explaining it right, because I really want to be able to record audio again.

Edited by leader2, 03 March 2010 - 01:48 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what you're doing is a violation of copyright laws. The YouTube TOU states that you're not allowed to copy, download, or in other way transfer content from their service to any other device by any other means than using their player/site. by attempting to copy the audio (in any way) or video (in any way) you're violating this rule (which you agree to simply by visiting their site).

we cannot offer support that in any way breaches or circumvents any TOU/TOS/EULA of any other site, service, or product.

if you have any issues with this policy please feel free to PM an administrator