Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HAUPPAGE WINTV HVR 1110 TV CARD - HELP

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys,
I recently bought this HAUPPAGE WINTV HVR 1110 TV PCI CARD, off Ebay.I was a bit nieve to assume it might have instructions, dc and cables with it. So, I wonder if any one could advise me just how to get this tv card to work, after I install it. I am using :

Win XP
775 socket Gigabyte MB
Duel Core 3.00 MHZ processor
ATI Radium 4670 Graphics card.
3 Gig RAM
500 Gig Sata HD.

Any advice would be appreciatted.

Thank you

Lucky

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You have the same topic opened HERE on MajorGeeks opened a little only a hour ago.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks Rshaffer61,
I was not aware that the two sites were one and the same. You can delete this one, ok.

Cheers.

Lucky

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not the same but I mentioned it because having two topics opened about the same issue can create conflicting advise being given. If you would like to continue with Major Geeks that is great. This topic will remain open for a couple of days in case you get no response from them. Just come back and post and one of us will try to help out then. Good luck and i hope you can get it resolved.

Edited by rshaffer61, 02 March 2010 - 01:51 PM.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thank you Rshaffer61.

jonathonp

jonathonp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Plug it into the PCI slot. You will need to order the software here http://www.hauppauge...ort_wintv7.html or search for a torrent like i did. My main operating system is Linux Fedora. I wrote the following guide http://forums.fedora...ad.php?t=231957 which is probably of no help to you but if u want to install Ubuntu then just follow the guide and you will be up and running in no time. Once you install Wintv7 in windows just follow the 'setup'. It's a straight forward process. The reason you received no documentation with the card is because the card is an OEM type meaning it's for system builders only. From what i understand OEM means the system builder is responsible for the card and thus the manufacture does not have to provide customer support. That is why Hauppauge force u to buy the software upgrade (probably due to the licensing of the codecs). Don't worry though there are a lot of working torrents if u broke.

Edited by jonathonp, 31 May 2010 - 07:47 PM.

jonathonp

jonathonp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Wintv7 1.3e (d as well) does not detect the HAUPPAGE WINTV HVR 1110 TV CARD. This company makes no effort to inform its customers what needs to be done to get it working with their software. Luckily i had it working under Linux and did not give up so easily.

When you open wintv7 you will find the device is not detected. That's just great.

Solution:

Got to C:\Program Files\WinTV\TVServer\GenPCI.ini

In windows xp double click to edit it with notepad.

Scroll down to the heading [WinTV-HVR-1110-6700]

Change

SOURCE_3=ANALOG_SOFTFM

to

SOURCE_2=ANALOG_SOFTPVR

This is how it should be:

[WinTV-HVR-1110-6700]
NAME=WinTV-HVR-1110
MODEL=67019
DEVICE_VEN=1131
DEVICE_VEN_MASK=FFFF
DEVICE_DEV=7133
DEVICE_DEV_MASK=FFFF
DEVICE_SUBSYSTEM=67000000
DEVICE_SUBSYSTEM_MASK=FFFF0000
DEVICE_TYPE=1
SOURCE_COUNT=3
SOURCE_1=DVBT
SOURCE_1_SOURCE=Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA DVBT Tuner
SOURCE_1_RECEIVER=Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Digital Capture
SOURCE_1_I2C_METHOD=9
SOURCE_2=ANALOG_SOFTPVR
SOURCE_2_CROSSBAR=Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Xbar
SOURCE_2_TUNER_FORMAT=16
SOURCE_2_I2C_METHOD=10
SOURCE_2=ANALOG_SOFTPVR
SOURCE_3_CROSSBAR=Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Xbar
SOURCE_3_AUDIO_CAPTURE=Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 713X BDA Analog Capture

Reboot.

Edited by jonathonp, 12 June 2010 - 06:00 AM.