Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host Process for Win32 error

• Please log in to reply

Janet2010

Janet2010

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Someone please help. I've been getting this error message 98% of the time when I reboot and it's so annoying that I've turned to only putting my computer in standby mode, however, I really need to fix this and not just have it in standby.

The Error I receive is when I boot up, Generic Host Process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close
szAppName: svchost.exe
szAppVer: 5.1.2600.5512
szModName: ntdll.dll
szModVer: 5.1.2600.5755
offset: 0001b21a

When this error occurs, I have no sound and my wireless connection does not work. It says it can't configure the wireless. I can disable the wireless card and reboot and the error is gone and my sound comes back, enable the wirless and it works fine - until I reboot again. Sometimes
it reboots fine, other times I get the error.

I'm running Windows XP with SP2. I've done all the updates with Microsoft and nothing resolves this problem.

Any other info you may need, please ask.

Thank you - I'm grateful to any and all help!

Jan

Advertisements