Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluray Problem

• Please log in to reply

09mlb86

09mlb86

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I have a Pioneer Bluray Burner that I bought from Puget Systems, It came with Cyberlink BD Suite which includes PowerDVD 8.0. I bought my first Bluray movie today "2012" and I got a message saying that the menu does not support a mouse, that should not be a problem so I click ok, but the menu does not even come up at all! The video loop for the title menu loops continuously, however, there is no menu and moveing the arrow keys/hitting enter or any keyboard keys do not do n e thing at all...

I have tryed this software on my laptop as well as my desktop

Desktop is custom built

Gigabtye GA-X58-UD5

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz (49*C) 1.36v

Noctua NH-U12p SE2 CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case, fans replaced with the 120mm Noctua fans, same as CPU cooler

XFX 5870 (950 Mhz Core, 1300Mhz Memory) (51*C)

PC Power & Cooling 910W Silencer

Muskin Black Series DDR3 1333 @ 1400Mhz 6-6-6-18 1.65v

Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 7200RPM 32Mb cache

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Laptop is the new one from MSI, dont remember model# but Specs are:

Intel Core i7 Q820 1.7Ghz - 3.06Ghz (intel speed step?)

4Gb (2x2) Kingston DDR3 1333 9-9-9-? (lol i forget the last one) i dont remember the voltage either

Western Digital Scorpio Black 320G 7200RPM 16mb cache

Sony BD Combo Slim drive

Nvidia GTS 250M 1gb DDR3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

(Both systems use Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound)

Thats all I can think of at the moment... let me know if you need any more info?

plz help, i wana watch my movie!!

Oh one more thing...

Cabel from 5870 to Monitor is HDMI

Monitor is: NEC AccuSync LCD24WMCX If that helps :)

Also tried my 32in. Sony Bravia 720 (dont remember weather its p or i) LCD TV

Sound System is from Pioneer 860W

Advertisements

09mlb86

09mlb86

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
No, i don't believe its the codecs, It will start the movie and everything, like play the previews for other movies and then when it gets to where the title menu should be the video loops like is should but the menu is just not visible to be able to hit play, its impossible as the actual selection menu doesn't come up at all

but the previews work fine and the sony thing about why bluray's are so awesome works fine... I think DVD's are awsome... you buy a dvd player, buy software or use free stuff, buy cd, an oh my gosh it works... that could be DVD's advertising campaign!