Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE very slow

• Please log in to reply

v-twinrider

v-twinrider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I can only try to explain it a little better. Outlook Express 6 comes setup this way. There is a MSN link at the top of the screen. Says..."Go To MSN" It isn't a web mail link. When I click that link the full http.www address comes up on the bottom left side of the page while it opens that link in a new window. I don't have to do it. It just goes to the MSN home page.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so if you type in the link and click enter it works fine correct?

v-twinrider

v-twinrider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Yes, it isn't a seach box. Just takes you to MSN. It will freeze the fuctions of OE until that MSN page loads though.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK can you get a screenshot of your IE opened up so I can see exactly what you are describing?
Tp do this just open IE and then do the following:

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

v-twinrider

v-twinrider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I hope this shows what I am describing.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is Outlook and not IE. The link you are talking about isn't much good for you so use outlook as your email client and IE as your browser.
Uf you want to be able to get to MSN without typing it in then go to it the firt time in IE and then bookmark it.

v-twinrider

v-twinrider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Thats right, I don't use MSN. It is only that link that boggs down OE when I click on it. Really not a big deal compared to my original post problem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah I myself don't use Outlook anymore but I remember the link you are showing. There really is no reason to click on it since it is suppose to take you to the msn web page and you can do that thru IE anyway.
I wouldn't worry about it honestly and just not click on it. Unless there is a reason you need to click on it that I haven't seen you mention yet.

v-twinrider

v-twinrider

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
No problem at all. I only brought it up because it was similar to the original problem of an opening webpage slowing down the other opened pages.

Thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I'm glad I could help you resolve your issue.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to fix this for you. I also wanted to thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help and please enjoy the other forums and the wealth of knowledge here.

Advertisements