Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some help please hiding a window for a scheduled shut down window

• Please log in to reply

Mandrake

Mandrake

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have written a batch file which is designed to shut down my PC after 2 hours, similar to the sleep function on a TV. When I watch TV through my PC at night and I fall asleep I don't want my PC running all night long.

This is the script I am using in the batch file:
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 7200

Now what I am asking; when I run this file it works perfectly to shut down my PC in 2 hours, however it pops up a window that is always on top. What I want to know is how can I get this window to be hidden when I run the batch file? or at least make the window minimize to the task bar? It's annoying because it sits on top of everything else including my TV image.

I have tried adjusting the properties of the batch file to run minimized however this doesn't work.

I have uploaded a jpg image of the window I am trying to close as an attachment to this topic.

Any suggestions or help appreciated

Attached Thumbnails

• window.JPG

Advertisements

GANESH der

GANESH der

• Pip
  • 5 posts
removed useless advice

Edited by Rorschach112, 03 March 2010 - 06:02 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Probably easier to use WinOFF.

http://www.ampsoft.n...php#Description

SRX660

Mandrake

Mandrake

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks SRX660

Just downloaded it and giving it a test, looks like exactly what I was looking for.

Mandrake