Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.Vundo.H, Trojan.FakeAlert, Stolen.data, [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rebross

rebross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Ok I used the Microsoft Intall Utility and deleted the old Java and reinstalled the new Java and it worked! You're the best.

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
That's excellent news :)

rebross

rebross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Do you still want me to run Kaspersky? Also, someone got access to my credit card information (probably when I ordered something online) and tried using it. Would that be from maybe that Stolen.data virus or one of the others? Can I use this computer for that purpose anymore?

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Do you still want me to run Kaspersky?

No, we ran Eset, your system is clean now

Also, someone got access to my credit card information (probably when I ordered something online) and tried using it. Would that be from maybe that Stolen.data virus or one of the others? Can I use this computer for that purpose anymore?

I didn't see anything that could have been a backdoor, but you may have cleared it off earlier. There's always a risk using a Credit Card over the internet. The best you can do is to take strong precautions. Don't use bittorent software like limewire. Don't install hacks or cracks, they're invariably infected. Run a good AV and a good Firewall. Comodo is a brilliant firewall, better than commercial products and a thousand times better than the windows one

«®»

rebross

rebross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
What about Uniblue PowerSuite. I have it installed but I haven't really used it.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Secunia keeps your versions updated, or at least gives you the information to do so. Personally I wouldn't touch it - have a read of this

rebross

rebross

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Ok, I downloaded and installed everything you recommended so I'll uninstall the Uniblue. Thank you again for all your help. I've been trying to fix this computer for over a month. I almost through it out the window. You fixed it and I am very thankful to you. If I can give you props to anyone on this website that matters, let me know and I will. I appreciate all your time and effort.
Thank you azarl. :) :) :) :)

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
You're very welcome - keep safe

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.