Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Duplicate A Label

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello:

I'm trying to find a way to duplicate a single lable to fill a page.

I found this though:

Click Mailings on the Ribbon.
Click the Labels under the "Create" section.
Click the Labels tab from the "Envelopes and Labels" window.

In the address window, I can type something and select "Print Full Page of Same Label."

OK, that's easy enough. And it works, I've tested it. So why am I having problems? I can't put an image file in the address window. I'm trying to print labels with an image and text. And as I've already mentioned, I'd like all of the labels on the page to print the same.

If I just open the label form and try to edit it outside of the address window, like a regular word document, you have to try to center the image and text on each individual label (nighmare).

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi magusbuckley,

I have a suggestion for you that I hope will give you the results needed. Follow your steps below regarding the Create > Labels > Print full page of same label. (Make sure you select "new document") and then your new page of labels will be created.

Doing the above will ensure you have selected the proper label settings within the Label wizard so they print out correctly.

Now, once you have that page of labels, go ahead and delete all of them except for the first one. Just don't delete the cell borders, otherwise will lose the alignment.

In that one label, copy and paste your desired image into it, format the image for size and then set the its Wrap Text as Tight. This will keep your address info in the proper lines. Once you have this one label formatted correctly, go ahead and copy it into all the empty label spaces you just cleared out.

Now you should be able to print a nice set of labels with your desired image.

Sincerely,

dm

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
dm27:

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your method and yes, it works. Obviously there should be an easier way. Shame on Microsoft for not allowing us to paste a picture in the address window. Of all possible methods, though, I think you've found the easiest solution.

Thanks for the help.

Magus

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello,

I agree it's not the most elegant work around. What's interesting is that if you copy an image and try to paste into the label window, the paste image icon does appear (of course you know it doesn't actually paste the image).

Glad to helped you out. Enjoy your day!

dm

Kelly L

Kelly L

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.