Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Retrieve Office Product Key

• Please log in to reply

Vampy99

Vampy99

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi

My partner's laptop recently broke, & she had Office 2007 installed. She downloaded directly from the internet so doesn't have a CD & didn't think to write the key down.

Her hard drive is SATA so it fits into my computer, all of her program files are on there, including for office, just wondered if it is possible to retrieve that CD Key for her?

A few things which may help, my partner's hard drive is not my primary one, also I have Office 2007 installed on my own hard drive. I have ran Belarc & Keyfinder (installed both to my girlfriends hard drive) but they are both giving me my own CD Key, not my partner's.

Any help would be appreciated :)

LB.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Your product key should have been emailed to you when you bought from Microsoft. If you still have the email it should be on there.
The only other (preferred) way you'll get your key back is as stated on Microsoft's website: http://office.micros...2240441033.aspx
Or you can contact Microsoft directly.

Vampy99

Vampy99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Managed to solve (finally). If anyone else has the same problem, download Keyfinder from here

Once installed, open the application & choose Tools > Load Hive

Choose the 'Windows' Folder on the hard drive the Product Key is on, voila, one missing CD key :)

Thanks for the help.